• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pescador83

pescador83
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading some of the posts the past few days and I must say, the topics and information that are discussed here are really interesting and I'm glad to have stumbled upon it!

I will be going to Oman towards the end of April and I was only able to book 2 days worth of fishing due to there not being any more availability. I'm afraid that 2 days of fishing is cutting it close to catch a GT and explore the other fisheries that the Al Hallaniyat Islands have to offer. I spoke with both Ed from No Boundries and Nick with Ocean Active about extending my stay there, but like I said they are both booked.

My second thought is booking 2 more days in Musandam for GT. I heard it is a pretty good GT fishery and I was wondering if anyone has ever fished there and if they could give me some information about the fishing up there, and/or if someone can recommend a reputable guide? Any info, thoughts, or opinions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you,

Ray

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sorry to hear you can not find a boat for the extended trip.

Two days trip is definitely two short considering travel time to Southern Oman. 

I heard fishing season is pretty short in Musandam and you'd better check April is a good month to fish there.

You might ask to find a commercial panga boat.  There are many commercial panga boats in Ash Shuwaymiah town which is a few miles away from No Boundaries lodge.

If you can find a panga boat, I think it is very cheap.

I saw panga with one engine and two engine. I recommend to hire two engine boat just in case because it is not easy to get help when the boat has engine problem. 

Ed can go where to go inshore fishing.  Rocky shore line 10 miles west of Ash Shuwaymiah are loaded with bream. 

One small island west side called Al Hasikiyah is a good place for inshore popping and jigging. 

You might go to Hallaniyat Island for GT popping with a panga if weather is good as I saw many small commercial panga there.

In that case, you should bring a GPS. 

#3 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

IMG_1512_zpse7552113.jpg

IMG_1441_zpsa242ebbf.jpg

#4 pescador83

pescador83
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

IMG_1512_zpse7552113.jpg

IMG_1441_zpsa242ebbf.jpg

Thanks Kil for the info. I will have to look into this and see what I come up with. I'll keep you posted. If you come across anymore more in in regards to this, I'll be all ears. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users