Japanese rods not made in Japan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

There is a discussion about Smith rods on the other site.  It seems some are surprised Smith rods are not made in Japan. 

I posted a few times in the past that Smith blanks are made in China.  

It is not just Smith rods and some Japanese rods use blanks from overseas. They claims the rods are made in Japan as they build rods in Japan though they use blanks from overseas.

Even the blanks are made in overseas, Japanese companies exercise high level of quality control. 

Fuji guides are also made in China now. 

#2 petardone

petardone
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

i am very happy about it........

in Italia , if you dont have a Smith you are a poor fisherman.......

the italian fisherman dont have time to take a look on internet, so they keep on buy super pseudo expensive rods proudly........

when i show them one of Your rod, they said ," it will broke immediatly", hahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaa !

thank you to for your super Black Hole !!!!!!!!

#3 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

i am very happy about it........

in Italia , if you dont have a Smith you are a poor fisherman.......

the italian fisherman dont have time to take a look on internet, so they keep on buy super pseudo expensive rods proudly........

when i show them one of Your rod, they said ," it will broke immediatly", hahahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaa !

thank you to for your super Black Hole !!!!!!!!

They don't regard as a good wine in Korea if the price of a bottle of wine is a few hundred dollars even they don't know taste of wine. :)

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

When they make products in China, they face quality control problem no matter hard they try. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users