2012 Viking 7 day deep water tile jigging

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#201 fishnh

fishnh
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Looks like I'm adding another day to my trip next year. Might also cut down on the number of people if I can. We need to get the record back!

Til next year!
Mark

Sweet !!!!!

#202 fishnh

fishnh
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Im already setting up next years trip ! :)

Looking forward to it. Sucks you guys didn't have the conditions needed.

#203 Tunarun

Tunarun
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Ryan,

It's a damn shame you did not get the weather because we know the big ones are there. Inshore was deathly quiet, wind-wise a few days. I thought you were going to kill them! I was jealous while working and knowing you guys were out there. Anyway, sounds like you made the best of the conditions, similar to our trip. Looks like I'm adding another day to my trip next year. Might also cut down on the number of people if I can. We need to get the record back!

Til next year!
Mark

I Plan to Keep the Record with me on whatever boat that I fish on, either I'll break it on my buddies boat(Jason's) where I caught a 51.8 this year and he landed a 40 pounder.or the Voyager where I caught a 42 pounder last year.and the Current Record.( 2009 ) How many 50 pounders have we seen in the last 2 years other than Marks Monster at 63+? They are Not a Dime a Dozen! I too want to raise the bar either on my buddies boat or any Headboat that Loves to Tilefish ( Voyager, Viking Starship, Atlantic Star )Dennis

Edited by Tunarun, 16 July 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#204 kptrapper

kptrapper
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

Great fishing with everyone, think my next trip will be a 2 dayer to Georges Banks in December. Codfish were non-existant there last year but we hit the wrecks on the edge and slammed some slobs and huge sea bass. A couple of days of 250 feet wont hurt either..Ha. Eric and Brad and Dwayne, Henry, Sherman..Ralph..Bruce and all u guys...till next year. Thanks Ryan for setting it all up..you can fight the fish but not Mother Nature...still always a good trip either way. P.S. Gary V. got rear ended in the Bronx and is in the Hospital?? Hope all is good soon G.

#205 crazyleggers

crazyleggers
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Gary great fishing with you!! The other gary had a rough trip and topped it off with a car accident!!! I wish him well and a speedy recovery!! Till next year guys !!!

Ralph

#206 ExtremeFisherman

ExtremeFisherman
  • Moderators
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ralph its always a pleasure to fish with Mike, Chris and yourself , Mark and I had a blast fishing with you guys ! ........... Gary is fine he ,luckily it was only a minor fender bender
Epoxy Huffing

#207 crazyleggers

crazyleggers
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

awesome ryan!!! See ya on the J II someday soon hopefully

Ralph

#208 kptrapper

kptrapper
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hey guys, if anyone has pics of the trip, please send em to me at gman11@optonline.net. Need Footage for the video. Hope everyone is jumping on for another one next year. At the end of the day, it's not about numbers. There wasn't a guy out there I wouldn't look forward to fishing next to again. It's the trip. You know what I think would be primo bait? Tuna strips...They'd never get it off and the meat...shit, that and a half dozen Silver eels...effin bait heaven.
Gary

#209 Gladiator

Gladiator
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Skipjack in long 6 - 8'' strips worked very well on the wreckfish and goldens.....look forward to fishing next year on Mark's abyss charter.

Tight Lines,

Frank

Hey guys, if anyone has pics of the trip, please send em to me at gman11@optonline.net. Need Footage for the video. Hope everyone is jumping on for another one next year. At the end of the day, it's not about numbers. There wasn't a guy out there I wouldn't look forward to fishing next to again. It's the trip. You know what I think would be primo bait? Tuna strips...They'd never get it off and the meat...shit, that and a half dozen Silver eels...effin bait heaven.
Gary

#210 porcha

porcha
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

i'm planning a trip to fish one of the multiday viking trips in 2013 - i've been browsing their list and really want to go on one of the more deep drop focused trips - are their signups for these named or themed trips? are they fishing clubs only? i just wanna kill some fish

#211 fishnh

fishnh
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

i'm planning a trip to fish one of the multiday viking trips in 2013 - i've been browsing their list and really want to go on one of the more deep drop focused trips - are their signups for these named or themed trips? are they fishing clubs only? i just wanna kill some fish

It's best to check and sign up when they first put out their 2013 offshore trips later in the year I think they will post. Deepwater usually states it or Tile. Lots of charters booked see if you can get on one of them.

Edited by fishnh, 24 July 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#212 garone custom rods

garone custom rods
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

I cant wait for next years trip. I hope we have some good weather next week, supposed to overnight at the hotdog and then fish some southern tile spots on a private boat.

#213 kptrapper

kptrapper
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hey guys, finished the video of the trip. Of course I did it HD so computers only,no phone view. And you might want to pause it and let it load ahead of itself so it doesn't have that annoying pause thing going. Quick Vid but good to have. Just google Slab Rock Trip 2012 or youtube search it....next years will be even better....

Gary

#214 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

I like to join multi-day deep drop fishing, but it is hard because of other fishing schedules.
I might charter one or two days trip on the Atlantic Star or the Voyager out of NJ next year.

69 lb golden tile fish video.
Who is going to catch 70 lb golden with a manual reel next year ?

#215 fishnh

fishnh
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Here you go Gary...

Edited by fishnh, 26 July 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#216 crazyleggers

crazyleggers
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

awesome video gary!!! Had a blast man can't wait until next year!!

Ralph

#217 Angelo Ruvio

Angelo Ruvio
  • Moderators
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Fish doesnt even look 60. But appearances are deceiving I guess?

#218 kptrapper

kptrapper
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

Thanks Fishnh.... much easier. Hope you're in it next year.
Gary

#219 fishnh

fishnh
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

Thanks Fishnh.... much easier. Hope you're in it next year.
Gary

I was supposed to go on this years but had a previous engagement. :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users