Quest for woman's record giant on standup by Jen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

We didn't start fishing until 1:00 pm on Sept 21 because Jen had to work until 3:00 pm on Sept 20 and Scott and Jen had to drive all night.

Her Choice of rod/reel was custom Black Hole Giant and pink Avet TR-X 50W.

It didn't take long to see tuna marks on the screen. 
The first giant was lost because of ling digging problem of pink Avet TR-X 50W. 

After replacing the reel, we hooked up another giant soon and Jen took the rod. 

Capt Spencer preparing chafing gear.

I am amazed at her physical ability as well as her determination. 
The giant didn't give up easily and the fight last 2 hours. 
It is hard to fight that long even for a man without using the rail, but she did. She could fight longer if necessary as it didn't look she was tired after the long fight. 

I paid special attention of rod twisting on heavy pressure during the fight, but I didn't notice any abnormal twisting at all.

The drag was set at 45 lb on strike position and was increased to 55 lb -65 lb later. But the monster didn't slow down easily.

Finally Capt Spencer got the leader. It is Capt's job to bring the monster next to the boat for pictures, but unfortunately giant could break 200 lb leader line.

Everybody was disappointed, but also everybody on the boat knew she eventually get the record giant soon after observing how she fought. 

I had to leave in the morning on Sept 22 due to work on Monday.
While driving down to NJ, Scott called she got 900 lb ( 861 ls after weighing). I am very relieved and happy. She deserves it. 
I don't think any woman landed a giant on standup before Jen did though woman's all tackle record is over 1100 lb on fighting chair. 
I have no doubt she could break all time woman's record even she fight on standup if she is lucky enough to hook up a record giant. 

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

#3 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

Beautiful Jen, Just beautiful.  Congrats

Jamie

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Full version of Jen's fighting video will be available by tomorrow.

#5 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Very cool,  cannot wait for the full version of Jen.  Kil, do you have one of yourself or Scott??

Jamie

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users