2013 Saragosa 25000 It's so big

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

2013 Shimano Saragosa 25000 What a beast     As you all know I love my Shimano and Accurate Spinners. I just loaded up a brand new Saragosa 25K spinner with one heck of a ton of 100 pound hollow Spectra. If our line winder counter is accurate I put onover 550 yds. though the box states 440 yds of 100 Power pro (Ibelieve). All I know is that spool is now rock solid while the entire contraption weighs about 4 ounces more than my Stella 18K with a Yumea Max 20K spool. However, it feels and looks much bigger than the 18K.  I chose the 25000 based on line capacity and the retrieve speed of 45 inches per crank.  I would have like more speed but I will make do for use in popping and even live bait applications for big tuna.  Of course it is about 8 or 900 dollars cheaper than a new Stella so why not give it a spin....

Shimano claims the reel gets 44 pounds of drag but who knows what the real number is.  Perhaps it will be 44 pounds in actual usage but I will take a scale to it. None the less it develops way more drag than I could reasonably use on my long range trips. Cranking power for a spinner appears to be awesome and once balanced on a my custom Phoenix 809 XH Rod the entire rig feels fantastic.  The Reel also feels great on my Blackhole 8 foot popping rods.  Shimano has done a great job on the graphics as the reel looks fantastic while the fit and finish appears to be class A. I did move the reel seat down towards the butt of the rod a bit to give more balance to the rig as this thing is similar to my 50 size Accurate.

I am hoping my next 10 day leaving on the 28th of this month aboard the Royal Polaris will provide a chance to give this thing a real workout. I am curious to see how the extra size and weight affects my long term casting of artificial lures but in playing with this thing it looks like Shimano has a real winner on it's hands. At this point the only thing I wish was for the Saragosal ine up to include a higher speed 18K version with a larger max size replaceable spool for those who want such things but that is currently not in the offing.... Bummer as at this price point, for what appears to be great quality, that would really be something. Pricing is between $260.00 for the smallest up to $400.00 for the biggest Saragosa.

I do not believe this to be a poor man's Stella rather I am really hoping this to be a reel for all wallet sizes and for those expecting top quality, performance and durability. Reels should be coming to retail dealers in the next month or two so keep an eye peeled. The 20K and 25K should already be available at some stores in very limited quantities. Time pulling on fish and casting will tell the true tale of the value of this beautiful reel.

Jamie                        

#2 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Attached File  photo(20).JPG   39.92KB   1 downloadsAttached File  photo(21).JPG   39.42KB   0 downloadsAttached File  photo(21).JPG   39.42KB   0 downloads

Some pics for you

#3 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Pictures.. We got stinkin pictures:

On the left will be the Saragosa, Middle is the 18K Stella with a Yumea Max 20K spool and on the right is a standard 18K spool.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users