250g Black Hole Cape Cod Special in action in Madacascar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Before introducing Black Hole Cape Cod Special two-piece rods, we tested the prototype rods intensively over a year.
We knew the two-piece rods are strong enough for their ratings, but we also knew two-piece rods can not be as strong as one piece rods because of the joint.

When you get a letter like this from your customer, you have a feeling of self fulfillment.

hi Kil,
I bought a black hole cape cod special 250gr for my fishing trip in Madacascar.
I just want to tell you, i tested your rod to the limit..... it's awesome, I never felt it limited with at least 20lb drag some time.
i caught at least 60 fish with it in 7 days fishing.
The biggest were 78lb GT, 80lb sharks, 30lb tunas, 50lb groupers and an other huge one, 150lb lost on the side of the boat, no dogtooth tuna on this trip.
I jigged with 200-300g jigs with ease.
I took a lot of pictures with the rod, if you want to use it or my comments on your web site, give me your email and I will sent them to you.
Love the rod and I trust it for even the biggest fish.

Black Hole Cape Cod Special two-piece jigging rod is fast action rod while one-piece is parabolic.

#2 Rodwinder

Rodwinder
  • Moderators
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Great report!

#3 cathitall

cathitall
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Here's the 2pc Black Hole 350g in action, loaded from a circling tuna under the boat. 

I fully trust these rods. The fast action construction avoids the bend into the foregrip where the joint is- I do not treat this rod as if it were a 2pc... fish it with confidence!

Attached Files

Edited by cathitall, 16 June 2013 - 11:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users