Photo

need new rod... JM Power Spell 200 or Black Hole Cape Cod 250?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigfishjaeck

bigfishjaeck
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Thinking about adding another jigging rod to my arsenal. and have no way in testing any jigging rod as there are none in my neck of the woods (besides trevalas)... I own a Jig Wrex and 3 OTI's but want something to go after and enjoy the 15-30 # tunas, wahoos, and king mackerel.... but stilll give me some power if needed to hurry fish in this category when sharks are around. For these critters I use 150gr jigs with a super fast jerk motion on an 8k stella (need super fast retrieve for the wahoo and kings)... The rod needs to be soft so that i enjoy a bend from these fish and still  have some control power. I found what I was looking for in a buddy's zenith... but don't have such a rod in my budget (+/- $400)... Like I said I do not have access to feeling any rod down here.... So I am humbly seeking some direction... I've heard stories from the Power Spell (older rod with a good price tag) and the Black hole.... But feedback is very much welcome. Thanks in advance....

#2 Chief

Chief
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

you asked the exact same thing i did lol...the JM PS 200g will be a hell of allot lighter against the BH CCS 250g will be allot stiffer but both are completely parabolic for the 15-30# range you will have a great fight with the JM...im guessing your over in NZ with a nice sized kingy on the JM you will have the fight of your life if i were you i would go with the JM unless your targeting fish 60-200#

#3 Chief

Chief
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

if this is for a spinning rod the JM PS 250g hands down. :thumbsu:

#4 kingiman

kingiman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

im looking to add a jigging rod to my collection and need advise. went to new Zealand last year and heading over in a month again and want to take a black hole but not sure what rod. will be fishing it with a stella 14000. used a shimano travela 6ft heavy last year and the rod did great.  rod weight is critical as speed jigging is exhausting.avg king we hooked was 20kg but we had many in the 30kg class and 2 over 40kg. these fish were like big amberjack on steroids---any advise appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users