Black Hole Rod News

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I am in Koea now to discuss many things with Black Hole rod designer.
Ever since Black Hole Cape Cod Special was introduced in the US for years ago, the popularity of Black Hole rods in the US has been growing steadily.

One-piece Black Hole Cape Cod Special 'Nano" jigging rods

I started with parabolic action rods when developing Black Hole Cape Cod Special jigging rods because I know the advantages of parabolic action rods with proper backbone from my fishing experiences even though I know more fishermen like fast action rods when jigging.
Now we feel it is time to develop fast action jigging rods. One-piece fast action Black Hole Cape Cod Special "Nano" rods will be introduced after extensive tests.

Inshore Black Hole

With the success of Black Hole Cape Cod Special jigging and popping rods, our plan was to introduce inshore rods in the US as Black Hole rods are originally known for high quality of inshore and freshwater rods outside of the US.

We introduced three long and light inshore conventional rods and we found the most popular inshore rods among three is 7' Shot Gun spiral inshore rods. We are going to concentrate on reintroducing 7' Shot Gun spiral conventional rods this year again with some modification of designs for the US market based on feedback by users.

We didn't have much expectation when we introduced a few models of Black Hole Magic Eye models which are inshore rods. (I was thinking about Black Hole Inshore 'Nano" rods.) To your surprise, We landed numerous tuna upto 100 lb on many trips using Black Hole Magic Eye 804 inshore popping rod which is rated upto 40 - 50 lb line and I landed 50 - 60 lb GT and 10 - 15 lb grouper with Black Hole 571XXH jigging rod rated to 25 lb line.
This Black Hole Magic Eye modes will be main inshore modles for us while we continue to introduce other inshore Black Hole rods in the future.
These inshore Nano/Graphite inshore rods are real bargain as the prices is under $400 even Fuji SIC guides are used. I feel Black Hole Magic Eye models can compete with any higher priced inshore.

Black Hole has graphite rods from $150 - $700(retail) inshore graphite rods. We displayed many different Black Hole graphite inshore/freshwater rods at ICAST Show in Orlando last year and Hyper rods got the most attention at the show. Consequently I tested several models of Hyper rods extensively from July last year.
The Hyper rods are not high-end rods among Black Hole rods, but they are super light and it has all characteristics of original GLoomis rods before Shimano purchased GLoomis.
Anyone who touches the Hyper rods loves them. We are going to introduce Black Holy Hyper rods with line ratings from 6 lb to 60 lb by August.

Sales Rep on the East Coast

We signed a contract with a well established Sales Rep Company on the East Coast.
As sales and popularity of Black Hole rods are increasing in steady, fast pace in the US and abroad,
we reached a point that it is better off for us to segregate developing/testing products and sales/promotion of the products. I firmly believe that our company and the sale rep company can get benefit mutually from our new relationship as the potential sales of Black Hole rods including inshore and freshwater are huge.

Price increases of Black Hole Rods from May 10, 2013

Ever since we introduced Black Hole rods in the US, we tried to maintain Black Hole rods prices as low as possible, but we are forced to increase Black Hole prices slightly as our cost increased and we hired a sales rep company recently. The new prices will be announced shortly after I go back to the US.
Any pre-order of Black Hole rods before May 10 will get current prices.
I visit the factory in Korea at least 4 times a year to maintain highest degree quality control as well as to discuss new idea, issues and upgrades of rods with top management of the Company.

Black Hole Field Test Team

We have solid field testing teams now and we are going to expand field testing team to improve/develop Black Hole rods which fishermen appreciate.

Newest addition of Black Hole field testing team is Ed of No Boundaries in Southern Oman.

I watched Ed closely how he fishes when I fished with him recently.
He is an excellent fisherman and I am glad he is willing to be a part of field testing team for Black Hole. I told all members of field testing teams that we don't need blind praise of the rods and they should express their honest opinion so that we can make better rods if needed.

#2 jerome the belgian

jerome the belgian
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

good choice Ed as field tester :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)