Korea International Tackle Show 2013

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

As soon as I came back from French Polynesia trip, I went to RI to meed Tomo and Jimmy the Greek to deliver stuff for RI Saltwater Show and flew to Korea for Korean International Tackle Show next day. Scott and Jen joined the trip as Black Hole field testers. They were welcome wholeheartedly by Black Hole staff as well as other Black Hole field testers. 

Tsurusaki san of FCL LABO flew from Japan to Korea to meet and spent one day with us. He showed newly designed jigs.

Kofish 2013 show in Ilsan located at outskirt of Seoul.
There are many Korean tackle manufacturers at the show, but is seems Black Hole booth always get crowd.

Jen and Scott

After the show yesterday, we were treated at a big restaurant specializing in duck.

Scott and Jen become instant celebrities and are very popular among Black Hole pro staff.
Scott with Black Hole field testers in China.

Shimano Stella 2013
All new Stella 2013 models are displayed at Shimano booth. 
I had a chance to play with new Stella 30000. The size is almost same as Stella 2000 except rotor and spool. They say Stella 30000 will be introduced in May, 2013.

#2 Alan Hawk

Alan Hawk
  • Moderators
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Excellent report. Thanks Kil.

#3 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

It's been fun. It is like a fishing festival rather than a fishing show.
All Black Hole pro staff are very friendly and kind to us.

Jennifer and Scott are enjoying celebrity status here. :)

I found Black Hole Magic Eye models are very popular for soft touch and strength in Korea too.

Black Hole introduced new offshore rods based on Black Hole giant blank and Magic Eye offshore blanks where we tested for giant in P.E.I. last three years successfully.
I hope we can display them at Somerset Saltwater Show in NJ.

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Shimano guy from Japan explained about new Stella 2013 modes at Shimano booth.
He emphasizes the new stellar with two words. Toughness (strength) and smoothness.
He claims the new reels are very smoother than ever before while fighting or jigging/popping while stronger parts are used for the new reels.
I told him several 2008 Shimano models I know got broken while fishing and he seems know the issue. He claims new 2013 models are much stronger than 2008 models. 
He said Shimano tested the reel under water while fighting and there was no leakage of water inside of the reel.

Here is comparison pictures of new Stella 30000 and 20000. It seems the sizes of body look same thought new 30000 has bigger rotar and spool. 

And the handle of both reels are looks same and interchangeable though I did not test it.

When I asked the max drag of Stella 30000, he said it is not announced yet. 

#5 Alan Hawk

Alan Hawk
  • Moderators
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Shimano guy from Japan explained about new Stella 2013 modes at Shimano booth.
He emphasizes the new stellar with two words. Toughness (strength) and smoothness.
He claims the new reels are very smoother than ever before while fighting or jigging/popping while stronger parts are used for the new reels.
I told him several 2008 Shimano models I know got broken while fishing and he seems know the issue. He claims new 2013 models are much stronger than 2008 models. 
He said Shimano tested the reel under water while fighting and there was no leakage of water inside of the reel.
Here is comparison pictures of new Stella 30000 and 20000. It seems the sizes of body look same thought new 30000 has bigger rotar and spool. 
And the handle of both reels are looks same and interchangeable though I did not test it.
When I asked the max drag of Stella 30000, he said it is not announced yet. 

Yes, same body bigger rotor and spool. Broke that news early last month with details about handles & spools interchangeability, for anyone interested http://www.striperso...60#post_9933932 The spools from the new reel fit the 2008 model.

I have some fat Mediterranean BFT tuna waiting to be caught in May and I should put every claim to test and see what's up. Some small models are in stock now but my 20000 is taking too long :(  

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Guys at the Shimano booth said they can not understand why someone need such a big reel like Stella 30000 and i said we do. :)

When I said the spools are interchangeable between 2008 model and 2013 model, they say no way. After they checked specifications of the reels, they said I am right. 

I took off handles of 30000 and 20000 and compared them. I told both handle look same, but they claim they are different. :)

The only guy who can answer right is the guy  in the picture from Japan. 

He gave good info about the reel, but he also exaggerates like typical Shimano propaganda saying the handle is so specially designed with one piece that he can actually feel the vibration of lure through the handle. :)

We are going to get new 2013 Stella reels from Japan as soon as they are available to us.

#7 Alan Hawk

Alan Hawk
  • Moderators
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Guys at the Shimano booth said they can not understand why someone need such a big reel like Stella 30000 and i said we do. :)

When I said the spools are interchangeable between 2008 model and 2013 model, they say no way. After they checked specifications of the reels, they said I am right. 

I took off handles of 30000 and 20000 and compared them. I told both handle look same, but they claim they are different. :)

The only guy who can answer right is the guy  in the picture from Japan. 

He gave good info about the reel, but he also exaggerates like typical Shimano propaganda saying the handle is so specially designed with one piece that he can actually feel the vibration of lure through the handle. :)

We are going to get new 2013 Stella reels from Japan as soon as they are available to us.

We need even bigger reels! You know what I wanted to do with a 30000 before you told me I'd need more line capacity ;)

I'm with you. I too think the handles are the same and interchangeable, but for some reason Shimano doesn't say that. I ordered 20K for the review in order to make comparisons to the old 20K, but I will get a 30K as well once they are out. The retail price in the USA is $1420 so I wonder how many will sell.

#8 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Today is the final day of the show.  I plan to visit Shimano and Daiwa booths again and take pictures of smaller spinning reels. 

#9 GBarao

GBarao
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hi Kil,

My son Travis and I were looking forward to seeing you at the RI Saltwater Fishing Show today, but we didn't realize you wouldn't be there. We went to your booth and spoke to Jimmy and he told us that you were in Korea. We chatted for a while and talked about last season. I've seen Jimmy numerous times in Marshfield and other places but I never actually introduced myself. It was nice talking with him and when I mentioned the name of my center console "Sashimi" he told me he remembers seeing me too. The show was busy today, we had a good time. They had a few of the Capt's from Wicked Tuna there and they were quite popular. We spoke to Dom for a little while and we spoke to Capt Eric from the Hook Up too. We're looking forward to the coming season, it's been a very long winter. Looks like a good time in Korea, love the pictures. Take care and hope to see you this summer when you're in Cape Cod.

Gil 

#10 johndtuttle

johndtuttle
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Thx very much for the post Kil!

best regards

#11 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hi Kil,

My son Travis and I were looking forward to seeing you at the RI Saltwater Fishing Show today, but we didn't realize you wouldn't be there. We went to your booth and spoke to Jimmy and he told us that you were in Korea. We chatted for a while and talked about last season. I've seen Jimmy numerous times in Marshfield and other places but I never actually introduced myself. It was nice talking with him and when I mentioned the name of my center console "Sashimi" he told me he remembers seeing me too. The show was busy today, we had a good time. They had a few of the Capt's from Wicked Tuna there and they were quite popular. We spoke to Dom for a little while and we spoke to Capt Eric from the Hook Up too. We're looking forward to the coming season, it's been a very long winter. Looks like a good time in Korea, love the pictures. Take care and hope to see you this summer when you're in Cape Cod.

Gil 

Hi Gil,

thanks for visiting our booth at RI Saltwater Show. 

I think I saw your boat while codfishing with Capt Jim of the Big Mag or Capt Kenny of the Haley Elizabeth years ago when there were lots of cod around Stellwagen Bank. 

I'll start to chase bluefin in Cape Cod from Jun and see you on the water. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users