Avet 80- 3 speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dimitri

Dimitri
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Just got to fish this reel on a phoenix rod(700x4h protype) during a long range trip on the RR3. Fished it with a vetical jig, with amazing succes as well as with a big horse mackie. Where it really shinned was on the kite. It retrieved faster than the boat power drill for the kite rod, which made it extemely usefull for gaing line 3.2:1. Second gear 2.0:1 had amazing torque for the amount of line it was retrieving, and when you dropped into 1:1, it just wenched. Very impressive reel.

http://www.avetreels...EAKING_NEWS.php

#2 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Just got to fish this reel on a phoenix rod(700x4h protype) during a long range trip on the RR3. Fished it with a vetical jig, with amazing succes as well as with a big horse mackie. Where it really shinned was on the kite. It retrieved faster than the boat power drill for the kite rod, which made it extemely usefull for gaing line 3.2:1. Second gear 2.0:1 had amazing torque for the amount of line it was retrieving, and when you dropped into 1:1, it just wenched. Very impressive reel.

http://www.avetreels...EAKING_NEWS.php

I was playing with that reel last year and it is an incredible piece of machinery,but in my experience after using the TRX 50w I see no use for such a big reel.

#3 Dimitri

Dimitri
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

TRX is a great reel. However, for kite or hi-speed vertical jigging for cows. I would go with the 80, not enough line for the kite imho.

#4 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

TRX is a great reel. However, for kite or hi-speed vertical jigging for cows. I would go with the 80, not enough line for the kite imho.

1400yds of 130# with 116# 0f drag is not enough???? what the heck are you fishing for??????LOL. I love Giant fish but I want no part of something that I cant handle with that reel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users