Jigging cancun and isla mujeres mexico

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Elpicudo

Elpicudo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi to you all from cancun mexico, just posting and sharing some pictures from the past few weeks
we are in season for sailfish, but it has been a little slow! there for we are jigging too! :thumbsu:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Elpicudo

Elpicudo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Elpicudo

Elpicudo
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for posting report here.
As I discussed before, I'd like to visit Isla Mujeres in March or April for sailfish popping.
When they catch 30 - 40 sailfish on trolling a day, popping saifish there can be very good though not many fishermen don't try poppers for sailfish in the US or Mexico yet.

Here are youtube of catching sailfish on poppers in Malaysia. I'll get info what poppers work best for sailfish for the trip to Isla Mujeres.

#5 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I like to fish Isla Majures and Playa del Carmen in March or April for sailfish popping, AJ/grouper jigging.
I am told the best time to catch sailfish on poppers is in March, but I have a trip to Southern Oman for GT in late March. If sailfish are still biting in April, I like to arrange a trip for sailfish popping out of Islan Majures for two days and drive down to Playa Del Carmen for AJ/grouper jigging as well as cubera snapper fishing for two days.

I need a couple of fishermen to fish with me.

#6 mimenza01

mimenza01
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

Great pictures, you got very good fishing. The southern coasts of mexico holds very nice spots and zones for a variety of species. I am glad to hear that jigging is getting famous in the country, we have been doing it for some years and we just got addicted to it. Here I let you my jigging video, contact me in case you come here down to Cozumel, I like to fish with people who has the same hobby.

https://youtu.be/QRfrfSBvp3E

https://youtu.be/QRfrfSBvp3E

Edited by mimenza01, 14 January 2016 - 11:54 AM.

#7 tjnursingdavis

tjnursingdavis
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and found it by accident researching about fishing around Isla Mujeres and Cancun.  I'll be traveling there June 16-22 2016 and staying on Isla Mujeres.  Was hoping for any information about guided or unguided fishing in the area.  I am an experience and avid fisherman both spinning and fly.  I have all my own gear.  Unfortunately I don't know anyone else traveling around this time and have no one to share fishing trips with.  I hate to solo the flats with a guide and wound rather find someone to split costs with, or open ocean.  I'm tempted to try my luck by kayak around the small bay shores of Isla Mujeres.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users