Spare spool for my Stella 8000SWPG

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Herbmeister

The Herbmeister
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hi all ... should be taking delivery of this beauty soon soon. Will be using it for jigging and was thinking i should get another spool. Question is, which one. I have a Stella 10k and read that spool will fit the 8k although i prefer to use my 10k for popping (instead of 18k)
Which spare spool is recommended (1) Yumega (2) Studio Ocean Mark (3) Jigging Master (4) A N other
Cheers for your inputs.
Hilt

#2 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I personally chose the JM16000 spool. Price wise , quality & design but this is just me

#3 hafnor

hafnor
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have the SOM, I think it is great! yumeya is nice too but very hard to get! Hardly any store that has them in stock. saltywater had them but I believe they are sold out, plat is sold out too and sevenseasproshop. your best bet would be from Japan! the JM looks solid and improves the stella spool, (pretty much copied their design) but with better drag material, and kept the patented spool lip from shimano. The SOM does not have that lip but while some people claim that they throw further with the original stella spool/yumeya I could not see the difference when using SOM spool. yumeya 12k and SOM 16k are about the same pricewise and are the prettiest looking spools if you ask me.. although the SOM looks best! (my opinion) If you like the JM design I think it is the most value for money spool out there!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by hafnor, 16 November 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#4 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

if you are looking for the looks , Yes SOM its a much more cheesier spool that the JM. As of performance I stick to the JM just make sure to check those drag washers from time to time

#5 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

We have Yumeya Spool for 18000/20000 in stock for long. :huh:
I think Melton tackle has them too.
SOM spool has mixed reviews.
JM spool is much cheaper and it looks great, but we didn't have much reviews as it is pretty new.
Nature Boys have new style of custom spool for 18000/20000 and guys who use them love them.
But I have to wait for formal reviews because it is new too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users