JM Spools for Stella

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jelle

Jelle
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

This is obviously not anything new, but looking at the Jigging Master spools for Shimano Stellas, I just started to wonder how healthy they would be for these reels.

Jigging Master spools would be able to put out between 25kg efficient up to a whopping 45kg maximum on their models for the stella 18 - 20k.

Can the stella even handle that much drag? Pretty sure it would void any warranties on your reel.

Apologies if this is a repost!

#2 hafnor

hafnor
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

no I do not think so.... I believe that anti reverse bearing would break,(reel still supported by dogs) something is bound to happen to the line roller bearing/bail system or maybe even the reel foot stem. That being said I believe that the max numbers on the JM is excaggerated and can maybe be true on a completely empty spool! stupid numbers if you ask me.

#3 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

I don't believe what they claim whether it is a rod or a reel.
That is why I try to test tackle to the limit. :)
I haven't heard anyone has an issue with JM spools yet. I am going to test the JM spool myself soon. When I said I test the spool, it means lots of heavy drag. :)

#4 Jelle

Jelle
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I am going to test the JM spool myself soon. When I said I test the spool, it means lots of heavy drag. :)

Haha, let us know! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users