Black hole 250 G test in Norway

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hafnor

hafnor
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

1 year ago I read about kil song's rod the black hole.... I was rather sceptical to rods under 6 foot when halibut fishing but I decided to order three spiral wrapped black hole cape cod special rods from jignpop.com. after great service from jignpop, including jane and kil I recieved the rods in Norway. The first impression was that it was a very well build rod with beautiful details. After testing the rod without any huge results (big halibut) Me and my friend Peter decided that we shopuld try the 250g black hole cape cod special. We recieved the rod short after and tested it. unfourtanetly the really big halibuts didn't show up.... Today it did!

Me and peter are fishing in the north of norway and peter all rigged up with a 250g black hole cc special hooked up to a beast. Peter initially started with 15 pounds of drag. after not getting the halibut from the bottom, peter beefed up the drag to 25 pounds... after lifting it from 50m depth the halibut started pulling drag and went out on a steep dive to 100m depth. peter decided to increase the drag (despite my tips of not increasing drag)....

after 20 minutes with wrestling with the halibut and many runs the halibut started to surface before one last run. halibut run with incredible speed 50m before suddenly it all slacked.... The halibut was lost. and this was a giant. we are talking 250+ pound fish that pulled the hookset.

After seeing this incredible incident we tested Peter's drag to 42 pounds. That tiny 250g rod showed backbone beyond our belief and I am in honor of Kilsong and black hole. Not only showing that a rod of that diameter could show such strength but to that price it is unbeliveable! I have no problem seeing that black hole cc rods could sell for 700+ maybe 1000 USD without problem showing their strength and high quality components and results.

thank you kil for the insanely good products provided by you and black hole korea, for a TOO REASONABLE price!

Best, Thor and Peter, Thunder fishing team, NOT affiliated with Kilong, black hole or any subsidearies

Edited by hafnor, 04 October 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#2 jaxy

jaxy
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

wow!!! :thumbsu:

#3 johndtuttle

johndtuttle
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the post Hafnor.

Yes, I was very impressed with my 250gm BH CC Special too. It is extremely capable and can seriously punish big fish far in excess of it's weight. The parabolic rods are very good for Halibut and other bottom species that are fished with a simple lift and drop and the stiffish tips are not an issue.

Lighter tips are a little nicer speed jigging, but there is no question in my mind that the parabolic action has far more capability to fish very heavy drag than any other type and make it as easy on the angler as possible.

It is also very nice to know that when the rod is in the anglers hands they are almost impossible to break. Something you very much worry about when you have your precious baby from Japan in your hands and you want to put a little more pressure on the fish.

best

#4 mag

mag
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

Pictures please...

The big one will return

#5 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Sounds like a great experience please add some pics as I love to see these great rods in action

#6 Ami Gran

Ami Gran
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

We will post a movie soon of 100lb halibut caught on BH 250 with 25 lb drag! Stay tuned:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users