New fine PR Knotter from Swiss

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

I find a simple, but fine PR Knotter at ICAST Show.
It is much simple and easier to make PR knot with it than Japanese PR knotters.
This Swiss PR knotter looks very nice, but it is not cheap ($190US).
I am going to test the knotter myself before introducing in the US.

Someone demonstrated PR knots with the knotter. While talking about GT fishing with him, the gentleman turned out to be Alban whom I know only through internet. As you know Alban is a professional jigging and popping guide as well as Smith field tester.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 TUNABUFF

TUNABUFF
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Excellent Kil! Let us know how testing goes. Will you do testing of the knot under pressure also, or just for knotters ease of PR knot making?

Edited by TUNABUFF, 27 July 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#3 FishKillah

FishKillah
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi Kil, good to hear you'll test it. Let me know what's your point of view.
I personnaly tested it on GTs in Sri Lanka, the Maldives and the Andaman islands. As I recommand, I love to use that connection for jigging and it was just so neat and perfect to me... so I hope you'll like it as much as I did !

Alban.
Catch and Release SHOULD BE a reflex ! - http://fishkillah.over-blog.com/

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi Kil, good to hear you'll test it. Let me know what's your point of view.
I personnaly tested it on GTs in Sri Lanka, the Maldives and the Andaman islands. As I recommand, I love to use that connection for jigging and it was just so neat and perfect to me... so I hope you'll like it as much as I did !

Alban.

Hi Alban,
It was a good show for Black Hole.
One Japanese company makes PR Knotter called EZ PR Knotter.
Can you check the video and comment on it.
It is only about $70 - $80 though it is made in Japan.
They say the PR knotter is good for light lines. How heavy line can you use for the Swiss PR knotter ?
The EZ PR Knotter was developed by Fuzzy Corp and Murakoshi San in 2009 and over 10,000 were sold in Japan in 2009.

#5 FishKillah

FishKillah
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Kil, I know the EZ PR knotter and I know all other brands who made tools for the PR knot.

My goal was to be able to make that knot in all sea conditions! To have the strongest tool possible and do it fast.

The Swiss Bobbin Knotter (SBK) avoids all troubles due to O rings. The tool is made from high grade materials and proudly made in Switzerland for its quality!
Beside these quick aspects, the tool is rustproof, very strong (no plastic) and capable to tie knots with the suitable mono lines and braid :
- braid from PE3 to PE10;
- mono from 0,60mm to 2mm with the same tool !!!

And, most of all, as I did show you at the ICAST, you're fast. Very fast!

I won't argue on the quality of the EZ PR knotter or any other company. I respect my competitors and the great job they did. If I came with that product it was to bring something different. For me, different means better at the moment!

I did tie knots for my customers. I use the same knot we discussed at the show BUT wasn't fast enough for me. I had to concentrate on fishermen, the fishing, drive the boat and tie a knot in the same time!!! That tool allowed me (when I had prototypes) to do my job in perfect conditions.

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hi Alban,
Thanks for the detailed info.
Frankly this Swiss Knotter is the best quality I've seen. And it has some advantages over traditional PR knotters.
Even if it is pricey, I think there will be demand for the Knotter.
I'd like to introduce several different PR bobbins to give choices for other fishermen.

#7 FishKillah

FishKillah
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for your comments Kil. The tool is made so users won't break it if it falls, won't see it rusts and have no troubles with plastic parts, gummy or what ever. This as very important to me.
I wanted a STRONG tool to realize the PR knot faster than any other tools. We did our best and the company PETITJEAN produced the tool I was dreaming about !

It will be great from you to read your comments when using the tool and testing it with machines and in action !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users