• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ono87

ono87
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Hey Kil,
I would like to plan a BFT to the Cape this Summer. I am a single angler, how do I get a charter setup with a 2 other anglers? Looking at June/July timeframe. About gear, I plan on using Yamaga 76/8 and Carpenter Coral Viper with Saltiga 6000's. Is PE 6 w/130 lbs leader good enough? Used these setups on my PV trip a couple of years ago. Landed decent sized YFT to 120 lbs. Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Tight Lines!

ED

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hey Kil,
I would like to plan a BFT to the Cape this Summer. I am a single angler, how do I get a charter setup with a 2 other anglers? Looking at June/July timeframe. About gear, I plan on using Yamaga 76/8 and Carpenter Coral Viper with Saltiga 6000's. Is PE 6 w/130 lbs leader good enough? Used these setups on my PV trip a couple of years ago. Landed decent sized YFT to 120 lbs. Thanks for any help you can provide me.

Tight Lines!

ED

Hi Ed
Jerome from Belgium has dates from June 19 to 22 with Capt Jimmy the Greek.
It is prime dates and I think you can join the trip. If you want to fish with Jerome, let me know as soon as Possible.
Fishing situations change every year. We had great bluefin popping until mid July in 2010, but we had good popping in early-mid June in 2011 and fishing slowed down considerably in July.
We used to have good popping in June and July and I hope good popping continues throughout the summer, but it is my hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users