More Blackhole/JM inshore combo testing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

More Big stripers fell to the Blackhole/JM Arrestor combo this weekend,and it still performs as good as they day I got it. Big fish was just shy of 46# and all were released

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Beautiful striper, Scott.
Striped bass fishing off northern NJ is unbelievable this year.
I've never seen so many bunkers and big striped bass are feeding them.
I ran my friend boat out of Jones Inlet, Long Island, NY to NJ coast for striped bass fishing yesterday. Bunkers were everywhere, but striped bass ignored out bait until 5:00 pm.
I think there are too many bait for them. the biggest one was about 40 pounder which was caught with Arrester 630 reel/ Black Hole Cygnus C-69H which is the same blank as Scott's Black Hole Top Gun rod.

The light Arrester 630 and Black Hole inshore rods are not for striped bass, but it is so much fun to use light tackle for striped bass. My favorite striped bass rod was 6' GLoomis CR730 which has line rating of 10 lb - 17 lbs. But Black Hole inshore rods seem much stronger.

Here is a lifting test of Caiman C-68M which has line rating of 10 lb - 16 lb. I wouldn't do it with the GLoomis light rod. :)

Posted Image

#3 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Great pic Kil but thats one heck of a knucklehead,maybe that test should have been conducted inside the boat :D

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Great pic Kil but thats one heck of a knucklehead,maybe that test should have been conducted inside the boat :D

When you catch big seabass at will, it really doesn't bother me even I lose one. :)
The bluefin/seabass combo trip tomorrow is cancelled. Capt Jimmy said it is pretty rough to go around Monomoy Island.
Instead, I plan to go fluking out of Port Jefferson, Long Island to fish Long Island Sound to test Arrester 630 reel and Black Hole inshore rod tomorrow.

#5 Angelo Ruvio

Angelo Ruvio
  • Moderators
  • 209 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

Kil, i'd like to join you if you make that sea bass trip again!

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

Kil, i'd like to join you if you make that sea bass trip again!

We might go on Sunday.
It is bluefin/seabass combo trip, but we fish seabass/scup if weather is questionable for bluefin.
Tell us about your two days tile fishing on the Voyager.
Dave said he got 31 tiles and you got more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users