• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 popper_one

popper_one
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi guys,
I'm on the market for a used popping rod; I'd prefer a Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu LG or a Tuna Sniper 40/40.
I would be using it MOSTLY for shore fishing here in Baja where I live and play.
I'm open to other brands and model as well.
Thanks,
Emilio
popper_one

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hi guys,
I'm on the market for a used popping rod; I'd prefer a Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu LG or a Tuna Sniper 40/40.
I would be using it MOSTLY for shore fishing here in Baja where I live and play.
I'm open to other brands and model as well.
Thanks,
Emilio
popper_one

I was going to import Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu popping rod the the US as starting popping rods, but I decided not to because there were some reports that the rods get broken easily.,
I tested 8'6" Tuna Sniper 40/60 rods for tuna and they are good for the money. But I regard them as starting rods.

#3 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I was going to import Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu popping rod the the US as starting popping rods, but I decided not to because there were some reports that the rods get broken easily.,
I tested 8'6" Tuna Sniper 40/60 rods for tuna and they are good for the money. But I regard them as starting rods.

The tuna sniper is a much better choice I have one and it had been flawless so far on yellowfin up to 100#.But at the end of the day its no Blackhole :D

#4 buzzard11

buzzard11
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

What Black Hole popping rod would be the number one choice?

#5 popper_one

popper_one
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Picked up a Seeker blank and wrapping my own...Thanks to all.
If you swing by down here I'll bring you fishing.
Ciao,
E.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users