Moderate Action rod for braid

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

I had a chance to talk with Danny Kadota, a well known fisherman on the West Coast and a rod maker. He is chosed one of the best 30 fishermen in California. He has tremendous knowledge of rod as he worked for GLommis for years and he makes rods now.

He mentioned that most West Coast rods were designed for mono ,the popular fast action rods stop too soon for braid and moderate rods are needed for braid to absorb sudden pulling power of big fish. I got to agree with him. That is why I like parabolic action or moderate fast action rod than fast action rods.

I like fast action rod for smaller inshore fish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 TUNABUFF

TUNABUFF
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

I agree totally. You need something to give, using a no stretch braid and a no flex rod is not a good combo when a fish wants to run. The rod will act as the shock absorber using a no stretch braid, as with mono the line is the shock absorber using a stiff or fast action rod. Looking forward to the Somerset show, see you there.

#3 Ron Z

Ron Z
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

Kil
I have been preeching this concept for many years, get rid of those stiff telephone poles and get some parabolic action rods. You will land more fish and lose less due to less break offs. Somthing has to take the shock of those sudden head shakes and boatside runs. Thats why your blackhole parabolics put the fish in the boat and not back into the ocean.

Ron Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users