Nature Boys Rod Case

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

Japanese Car Mate and Nature Boys rod cases are very popular among travelers.
Here are basic info of Nature Boys rod case compared with Carmate.

Weight

Car Mate : 6.5 oz
Nature Boys 'R': 11 1/4 oz

Car Mate is very light. Nature Boys has smaller, light size model, but I can not check it at this moment.

Durability/Strength
Nature Boys heavy-duty rod case as its weight is almost twice heavier than Car Mate's.
Carmate is pretty light and is favored by travelers who like to travel light.
However, my Carmate rod case was damaged in the middle and a few guides were broken on a recent trip when checked in the case.

Length

Without extention, the length of Nature Boys 'R' is about 6'4" and Car Mate is about 5'7" without extension.
As you see in the picture, I put 6' Tuna Spinper top tection for comparison.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

* There is ligher, smaller model of Nature Boys, but they are not available for review.

Extension
Both can be extended. The extension of Car Mate rod case is very similar to normal American rod cases while Nature Boys uses holes to fit in.
While the method of Car Mate use is very convenient, the method of Nature Boys is secure and strong.

Posted Image

Capacity
I thought Nature Boys can hold more rods as it is bigger than Car Mate. But I was wrong. Car Mate has bigger size of rod container as you see in the picture.

Posted Image

#2 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

these cases are worth every penny i was able to fit 4 jigging rods and 2 popping rods in it for the panama trip with no problem and they definitely were not very gentle handling it and the rods were fine. Totally recommend this product

#3 FishKillah

FishKillah
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

I own a Nature Boyz rod case and could load it with a Tokara, a Nirai, a KGS74H, an AMJ-54H, an AMJ-SF510, poppers, stickbaits, jigs...
Simply good !!
Catch and Release SHOULD BE a reflex ! - http://fishkillah.over-blog.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users