13 replies to this topic

#1 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Oh My Gaaaaawwwwd,

My Schedule just opened up so I am jumping on the Intrepid for the Panama
Adventure starting April 9th. I am SOOOOOO Stoked I cannot see straight.
I have my airline ticket on Copa Air which is a red eye from Los Angeles and will arrive in Panama City the same date as the boat leaves. The guys will pick me up at the airport and take me to the boat where I can enjoy an adult beverage, a movie and go to sleep..... OR NOT. I was in Panama last year with PSFL and I LOOOOOVVVED it. What an amazing fishery. This type of trip will be something very few folks will ever be able to say they did from a luxury long range boat and just adds one more item I can check off from a line item on my bucket list I did not even know existed.

Even better news is this is the only way I have figured out to make time slow down. Usually my days fly by but with this adventure as something new to really look forward to I am sure the days will go by more slowly. For me that is a good thing as time is something all of us need more of. I hope to see some of you folks out there with us or hear about your adventures on a different trip from the Intrepid Panama expeditions. YEEEEEE HAAAAAAW.

Jamie

#2 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hope it picks up by then Jamie its like the dead sea down here........unreal

#3 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Ouch Scott,

I am really sorry to hear that but I am sure you all are making the best of it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Best of luck with the Tourney.
Hopefully something more than one fish will win it. Please Tell Jenn, all the Johns and the rest of the gang I say hi.

Hope it picks up by then Jamie its like the dead sea down here........unreal

#4 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ouch Scott,

I am really sorry to hear that but I am sure you all are making the best of it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Best of luck with the Tourney.
Hopefully something more than one fish will win it. Please Tell Jenn, all the Johns and the rest of the gang I say hi.

I hope it does too because Racko is running out of jokes.....he only has two days worth of material :blink:

#5 Dimitri

Dimitri
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

I saw this trip come up and I implore the expeditionary spirit. Best of Luck!!!

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Jamie,
That is great. I am very curious how the long range boat fish in Panama.

#7 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hopefully more of you East-coasters will rethink this thing and come join us. I will report when I get back as the intrepid may not have internet. It's Possible the mother ship Intrepid will only be a short hitch from the fishing grounds rather than the 1.5 - 2.5 hours it normally takes. Of course I really don't mind the longer ride but an extra 2 - 4 hours a day of fishing, be it poppers, jigs or bait is just WWAAAAAAAAY Cooooool. Imagine not having to leave crashing fish behind in order to get home for dinner. Is there an evening bite in Panama??? Come join us and maybe find out.

Jamie

#8 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Fishing on a long range boat like the Intrepid is like having a vacation on a mini cruise boat.:) Have a good time, Jamie.

#9 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Fishing here is still pretty dead.....5 days 3 boats 8 tuna :notfair:

#10 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:43 AM

Fishing here is still pretty dead.....5 days 3 boats 8 tuna :notfair:

Ouch Scott. None the less I am sure John showed you all a great time. PSFL is just a great place to be. Glad to hear you got home safe and sound. It just would not be right if my wrong coast compatriot was not around to banter with...LOL.

Jamie

#11 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

Ouch Scott. None the less I am sure John showed you all a great time. PSFL is just a great place to be. Glad to hear you got home safe and sound. It just would not be right if my wrong coast compatriot was not around to banter with...LOL.

Jamie

not home yet,today is last day so we will give it the old west coast try :thumbsu: but we might not be able to leave as the native people have blocked the main road :notfair: I guess there are worst places I could be stuck

#12 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

not home yet,today is last day so we will give it the old west coast try :thumbsu: but we might not be able to leave as the native people have blocked the main road :notfair: I guess there are worst places I could be stuck

Glad you finally are shifting to a West Coast Approach as clearly the Wrong Coast approach is just not working out that well. Please Tell everyone I say hi and best of luck on your last days. By the way, please be careful as I understand there could be a Panamanian uprising of Masked, midget mud wrestlers just outside of David. They are expected to go on a little rampage in the next few days so please be prepared. I highly suggest you put on your best wrestler's cape and mask and try to blend in with the locals. Kind of like what you did last trip though the rest of us just though you were being kinky or maybe a bit weird. I Just though it was an East Coast Thing cuz out here they only do that in West Hollywood. Glad Jenn understands your dark or is it pink side. Best of luck El Jefe Hombre Calvo.

Jamie

#13 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

I saw one guy posted a negative report at PSFL on other site.
I guess fishing must be very slow.
I fished 5 times in NC this winter and I didn't catch any.
I don't blame anybody, but me because I become a human banana. :)

#14 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

I saw one guy posted a negative report at PSFL on other site.
I guess fishing must be very slow.
I fished 5 times in NC this winter and I didn't catch any.
I don't blame nobody, but me because I become a human banana. :)

I saw that also kil and nothing could be further from the truth John and company have gone above and beyond to make up for what is out of their control and today it paid off the fishing blew wide open we are all worn out from catching tuna,you will be happy to know I have retained my title for most tuna tagged and biggest tuna tagged on a popper :thumbsu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users