Black Hole Inshore rods

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

N.S which makes Black Hole rods are famous for inshore and freshwater rods.
They have tons of inshore and freshwater rods and I tested one 7' graphite inshore rod extensively last year from fluke to cod.
The characteristic of the rod is very similar to GLoomis inshore rods which were my favorite over 20 years. light, crispy, precise, thin, but stiff and strong.

Here are pictures of my catches with the 5 oz rod last season.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

N.S plans to introduce their inshore/freshwater rods in the US. They will have a booth at ICAST Show in Orlando for the first step this year.

#2 Rodwinder

Rodwinder
  • Moderators
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Will blanks also be available Kil?

#3 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

Will blanks also be available Kil?

Blanks should be available soon, but I have to figure out which blanks I should bring because there are too many choices.

#4 Rodwinder

Rodwinder
  • Moderators
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

let me know if i can help

#5 Enoch

Enoch
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

great to see. I anticipate them as I know what loomis rod you are talking about.

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

JIGNPOP introduces three different Black Hole inshore rods this season.
Spinning rods as well as more different models of Black Hole inshore rods will be introduced.

Caiman C-68M

Posted Image

length: 6'8" (one piece)
weight: 4.7 oz
line rating: 10 - 16 lb
Guide: Fuji SIC
price: $250.00

CYGNUS C-69M

Posted Image

length: 6'9"9one piece)
weight: 4.9 oz
line rating: 12 - 20 lb
guides: Fuji Alconite
price: $195.00

Shot Gun Limited C-70H (spinal model)

Posted Image

length: 7' (one piece)
weight: 5.6 oz
line rating: 12 - 20 lb
guides: Fiji SIC
price: $250.00

All three rods above are graphite. If you like crispy and precise action of Gloomis inshore rods, you'll like the Black Hole graphite inshore rods.
Here is a test video of 7' Black Hole inshore rod for cod jigging. This 7' rod rated upto 20 lbs is not for cod jigging, but it is just for test purpose.

Cod Jigging Techniques With A Super Light, Black Hole 7' Inshore Rod - YouTube

#7 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Cant wait to break in my new"Shot Gun" especially if I can pair it with the Arrester 630 :rolleyes:

#8 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Scott, Korean TV fishing host Shin and myself tested 6'9" Black Hole Cygnus rod and 7' Black Hole spinal Shot Gun rod for striped bass and bluefish on Scott's boat out of Shark Inlet, NJ today. Both rods are designed for small fish like fluke, scup or sea trout, but we wanted to test the rods for striped bass to see how strong the rods are.

We used live bunker which Scott and Anthony caught using casting net in the morning. I can not say they are right rods for striped bass, but it was fun and pleasant to use such light rods for striped bass.
Fishing was good and we had constant action.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And also JM Arrester 630 was tested on the trip. We caught several bass upto 25 - 30 lb on the reel and I am very pleased with the performance of the reel. The reel can compete with any high-end bait casting reel.

#9 Enoch

Enoch
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

What was Shin's Personal Best Bluefish? I am wondering his reaction to the size of fight those bruisers have. Unlike inshore fish in Asia.

#10 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

It was great to fish with Shin again and finally get Kil out on my boat. We actually did very well considering the conditions(sse wind 20-25) The bluefish although a pest provided a lot of action and where a great test for the rods. The rods handled the big bunker baits well and I am confident we could land any bass that is out there with them.I have been using mine for over three weeks now and it has held up very well,everyone that has seen it in action has been impressed and cannot believe the strength it has.

#11 Enoch

Enoch
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Would you say it's possible to use it as a bunker snagging rod for stripers?

#12 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

Would you say it's possible to use it as a bunker snagging rod for stripers?

Possible yes,practical no.For one a spinning rod would be preferable and two you would want a much stiffer rod for snagging. As Kil said these rods were designed for a different fishery but for fisherman that love light tackle for bigger fish these rods will stand up to the test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users