Choosing a right split pliers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

We developed compact split pliers with Texas Tackle which become very popular.
One of the objective to visit Beijing International Tackle show was to find a right regular split pliers with cutter.
There are so many choices of split ring pliers. Our preference is about 8" with a strong jaw to open 300 plus lb split rings as well as to open even for 5/0 - 6/0 Treble hooks with braid cutter. Longer than 8" is too bulky for no apparent benefit.
After checking all pliers thoroughly at the booth, we brought a few sample to test.
We got the finalist. It has stainless steel jaw part and has a big jaw to open any heavy split ring. We like rubber cover on the handle as you see on the other pliers in the picture and the pliers we choose will have the rubber handle cover thought it cost $2 extra. The 8" pliers weighs only 5 oz.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Are you getting them in any time soon and what is the cost... I would love to have a good set of combo pliers

#3 TUNABUFF

TUNABUFF
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Kil they look great! Will you be posting them on your web site? Also, will you be at any of the upcoming NY and NJ fishing expos? If so bring a few JM PE-10 would love to give one a feel before the purchase.

#4 Enoch

Enoch
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

thanks goodness you have a rubber handle version. no more slip 'n slide. I will support the blue and rubber version.

#5 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

thanks goodness you have a rubber handle version. no more slip 'n slide. I will support the blue and rubber version.

When I compared both pliers, the pliers with a rubber handle is much secure and comfortable in my hand and there is no reason not to have it even it cost $2 more.

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

Kil they look great! Will you be posting them on your web site? Also, will you be at any of the upcoming NY and NJ fishing expos? If so bring a few JM PE-10 would love to give one a feel before the purchase.

We'll have them on your website by late April.
We are not going at NY Suffern Show, but we are going at Somerset Show in NJ in late March.
Our shop is on the way to Suffern Show from GW Bridge and you can visit our shop before/after NY show.

#7 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Are you getting them in any time soon and what is the cost... I would love to have a good set of combo pliers

It will take about 2 months to get the delivery and I expect them by the end of April.
The price will be $40 - $45 depending on other cost involved.

#8 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

It will take about 2 months to get the delivery and I expect them by the end of April.
The price will be $40 - $45 depending on other cost involved.

Save me a blue pair please when they come in

#9 skxf430

skxf430
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Hi Kil,

Can you tell us when the pliers will be available?

Thanks,

#10 TUNABUFF

TUNABUFF
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Kil are the Pliers available yet? You were hoping for the end of April.

#11 fishnh

fishnh
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

I need a pair.

#12 johndtuttle

johndtuttle
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

good cutters very important to test as well, especially for braid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users