• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Hawk

Alan Hawk
  • Moderators
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

Hello everyone.

Kil has invited me to join this board, and he was nice enough to give me a special forum to post my tackle rants on :) I will begin by posting my existing reviews, then my future reviews will be posted here as well as on SOL.

Those who know me are aware that I'm crazy about high end spinning reel and you can bet that once a super-spinner appears, I'll be pre-ordering and a couple of months later a full fishing and mechanical report will be posted. When there are no new high-end reels to review, I play with other reels that I find interesting. A category that I find quite fascinating is low cost alternatives to high end spinners. I reviewed a few such reels and stated my personal verdict on them. But mainly I'm motivated and directed by fellow fishermen. I receive a lot of emails through my site and whenever I see a demand for a specific reel, I buy one and fish it for a review. So feel free to tell me what you fancy and hopefully I'll be able to fulfill if a considerable number of people wanted something.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy new year and see you around!

#2 bowguide

bowguide
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

Welcome to the forum.You are definitely a welcome addition and look forward to reading your "rants"

#3 Angelo Ruvio

Angelo Ruvio
  • Moderators
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

Welcome Alan. I've heard a lot about your work. Do you service reels on the side as well or is it strictly reviewing?

Angelo

#4 Talapia

Talapia
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

Welcome! Look foward to reading your excellent reviews.

#5 Enoch

Enoch
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

Alan,

Good to see you on here. Sometimes a new forum is also another way to receive feedback often missed elsewhere.
I'm looking forward to the hours of re-sized and tagged photos. :D

-Enoch

#6 Enoch

Enoch
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

Alan,

Good to see you on here. Sometimes a new forum is also another way to receive feedback often missed elsewhere.
I'm looking forward to the hours of re-sized and tagged photos. :D Great work!

-Enoch

#7 Enoch

Enoch
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

Alan,

I'm looking forward to the hours of re-sized and tagged photos. :D Great work!

-Enoch

#8 fishnh

fishnh
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hello Alan and welcome to the site. I've always found your reviews on SOL very usefull.

#9 johndtuttle

johndtuttle
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Thank you for posting Alan. All of us reel ho's are thankful for your efforts that you are willing to take the time to share with us.

#10 Alan Hawk

Alan Hawk
  • Moderators
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

Welcome Alan. I've heard a lot about your work. Do you service reels on the side as well or is it strictly reviewing?

Angelo

Actually I only fish and review :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. A lot of good people here, some I know from other boards.

#11 fishordie

fishordie
  • Moderators
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

There are no reel ho's on this site. Only folks who are incapable of saying NO to new gear. Perhaps a few who are self control challenged or perhaps simply a product of parents who left them incapable of emotional control. I say again, there are NO HO's on this site..... Except for Scott. He is a Ho but not the kind we are referring to.... East Coast Ho. Welcome Hawk.

You might give a report on The Shimano Talica's for bigger sized fish jigging. Though the JM reels are certainly getting top billing in the single speed realm I would be curious as to what you think of the 2 speed Shimano entrant into the field. For those of us who are destined to fish from Anchored or Long Range boats which cannot position the angler we are certainly curious about 2 speed conventionals.

Jamie

#12 pommy

pommy
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Daiwa Emblem Pro 6500A?

Light to medium, high speed spin at its best?

Have a looksee at sportsfishextreme in Oz.

Regards, Rob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users