• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Genesis

Genesis
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

G'day all,

I hope that this is posted in the right section of the forum :)

Please allow me to introduce myself - The name is Glenn and I am from Australia. I have been fishing for as long as I can remember but its only just recently that I got addicted to the wonderful world of jigging. Have been doing alot of reading and research online on the different gear setups and techniques involved, and many times the advice were from US based forums (You guys have some crazy ar$e size tunas over there). My current setup is a Maria Steady 300g paired with a Saltiga 5000 and on my first ever recent trip out, it handled beautifully with over 20 yellowtail kingfish boated between 4 fishos. However, I am toying with the idea of a lighter combo and was looking at the JM powerspell 200g and 250g until the Black Hole caught my eye. Did a bit more reading into it and it seems that Kilsong has helped designed one heck of a rod. Reviews on rod from different forums were all positive but it seems that the 250g is the lightest version available at the moment?

My question to anyone out there who has had experienced both rods - Is there much difference between the Powerspell and Black Hole? Is Black Hole the lighter (and better) rod between the two?

Any feedback is very much appreciated before I place the order with Kilsong.

Many thanks in advance.

glenn

Edited by Genesis, 22 September 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Glenn,

JM Power Spell rod is parabolic as well as Black Hole Cape Cod Special
JM Power Spell rods are known for strength and power. Black Hole rod has tremendous dead lifting power because BH uses new Nano Carbor technology. It is believed Nano carbon is stronger than graphite by 40 percent.

Compared to BH 250g, JM PS 250g is much thinner. For big fish over 50 lbs, I think BH250g might be better choice. But the targeted fish are under50 lb, You can enjoy more with thinner JM Power.

JM discontinue to produce JM Power Spell. Instead, they introduced Three Kings rods.
I believe Nano carbon is used for Three Kings. Three Kings have more lifting power than JM Power Spell. But the major difference between JM Power Spell and JM Three Kings is JM Three Kings rod is moderately fast action rod while JM PS rod is fully parabolic.

#3 Genesis

Genesis
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thank you very much Kilsong. Your post just made it very clear for me as to which rod to go for. I have just amended my order to Jane and looking forward to testing both rods out here in Oz!

cheers

glenn

#4 Dimitri

Dimitri
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

I'm really bias since I purchased a BH 454g from Kil. I fished the JM once and I thought it had a much softer tip than the BH. And the BH had a much stiffer backbone. Not sure about the 3kings

#5 Genesis

Genesis
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:59 AM

Have decided to go both instead :D

Thanks for the replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users