Photo

black hole jigging rods with fast taper?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hafnor

hafnor
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:25 AM

Before this summer I bought some BHCC 350g spiral rods and I LOVE them! I love the length, the parabolic action, the grips, pretty much the whole deal. I use my BH for halibut jigging (not speedjigging like some of you do) but in slower motions near the bottom and up to 10-15% of the water depth. I use my rod very active and use heavy jigs, because of strong current and for the reason that softbait jigs catch a lot of drift and not as aquadynamic (don't know if that is even a word) as regular jigs.

Now, 350g rod can easily handle 450++ gram softbaits (that I use) I know it's probably not recommended.... still with this weight the rod feels pretty stiff. I think that if I had a fast taper the tip of the rod would be softer and I could more easily get a good movement on the softbait (instead of using technics to get a good movement with the stiff tip of the rod)...?

Now Kil, do you have plans on getting a softer tip on some of the black holes while not loosing it's tremendous backbone (that I need for lifting) or do you or anybody else know anything that can be a good rod for this application? I have looked into spinal with fast taper and I have heard that the OTI fathom blade has a soft tip. but you (jignpop) don't carry any of these

The reason why I ask you Kil is that I am very pleased with the rods from you and the whole buying process so I intend to shop from you the next time. (high end jigging equipment is narrow in Norway)

best regards, Thor

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

Thor,

Fast action BH rods are in the process and they will be introduced next season.
I know fast action rods are more popular than parabolic rods. However, I am a big fan for parabolic rods especially targeting big fish. That is why I started with parabolic Black Hole Cape Cod Special.

Now, it is time to introduce fast/moderate BH Cape Cod Special rods for those who prefer fast action rods.

The new project for next season is two-piece jigging rods for travelers.
As airline regulations are getting tighter, you have to pay as much as $200 - $400 for
a trip by air. We are thinking about fitting 250g, 350g and 450g to the one butt section so that you can carry three different rods with one butt section.

#3 Angelo Ruvio

Angelo Ruvio
  • Moderators
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Awesome and innovative idea! Travel jigging rods are great but having three rods with only four pieces is incredible idea and hope it works out.

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

Awesome and innovative idea! Travel jigging rods are great but having three rods with only four pieces is incredible idea and hope it works out.

How about the idea of using conventional rod and spinning rod with one butt section. :)
We are working on it.

#5 hafnor

hafnor
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:08 PM

Thank you for fast replie Kil. This sounds really nice! I like the direction you are going in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users