10'6" Black Hole Nano Surf Rod

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

Finally 10'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Special surf blanks are coming next week.

We have two 10'6" Nano surf rod. one is for 3 - 5 oz lure and the other lighter one is for 1 - 3 oz lure.

The heavy model rod weighs 13.8 oz while the lighter model weighs 12 oz.
We are going to have heavier model blanks this time.

I tested the heavier model for 40 - 50 lbs rooster in Puerto Vallarta and yft upto 60-70 ls in Panama.
I don't see any problem to handle striped bass with the rod. :) Korean fishing TV host,Shin used even lighter model for yft in Panama without any issue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Rodwinder

Rodwinder
  • Moderators
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

I thing these will be a big hit here in the Northeast Kil

#3 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

I thing these will be a big hit here in the Northeast Kil

Ralph, I wish I got the blanks before striper season opened.
I got very good responses from surf fishermen.
Merrick Tackle will be the first major national wholesaler to carry 10'6" BH surf blank as well as other Black Hole Cape Cod Special blanks.

#4 mbg60

mbg60
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

Hey Kil. How long before you get some 12'-13'6" blanks for us Hawaii guys and surf fishermen?

#5 Rodwinder

Rodwinder
  • Moderators
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

This is great news Kil

#6 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

This is great news Kil

Ralph, the next step is to meet Billy40. :)

#7 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

Hey Kil. How long before you get some 12'-13'6" blanks for us Hawaii guys and surf fishermen?

Can you give me some idea what kind of 12' - 13'6 blanks you prefer ?
I assume you target ulua with the long rod.

#8 Ken U.

Ken U.
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

In Hawaii, most people tend to use ~13 foot two piece graphite blanks, conventional reels, heavy monofilament (40 lb test and up), and 4 oz or greater lead (norm being around 8 oz) for ulua fishing. The long rods help in casting distance and in keeping your line off overhanging reef when your rod is set in a spike.

Basically, there are two techniques used: baitcasting and slide baiting. While baitcasting is familiar to the whole world, sliding is more particular to Hawaii and entails casting a lead, getting it stuck on underwater structure, and sliding a large bait on a big circle hook such as a 1 lb octopus down your line. Sliding rods are usually much stiffer than baitcasting rods because you target larger fish in rougher water when sliding. Also, casting distance is less important with sliding baits since sliding often entails fishing from cliffs which drop off into deep water.

Personally, I fish for ulua with lures by day and cut/live bait by night. While I would imagine that it'd be difficult to make a good profit in the ulua rod market, I too would like to see a nice Black Hole ulua fishing blank or two. The Black Hole popping rods and surf rods are quite impressive from what I see here!

Ken

#9 ikan

ikan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

hey Kil, I've been wanting to try these rods for a long time here in the NE for bass and blues, when will you be getting them? would you racommend these rods for GT popping from the surf?

#10 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

hey Kil, I've been wanting to try these rods for a long time here in the NE for bass and blues, when will you be getting them? would you racommend these rods for GT popping from the surf?

We are getting them in a few days.

It was OK for 60 - 70 lb yellowfin tuna. But the joint in the middle of the rod can be a problem for big GT if you use heavy drag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users