The ultimate Tog Rod/ 7'3" Black Hole Challenger Bank 731M

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamesGang

JamesGang
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

Kil, I purchased the rod last year and can say that it has quickly become one of my favorites.  My first blackfish trip was in 1976 on the Captain Robbins out of Sea Isle City NJ and I have been hooked ever since.  Needless to say, I have used many different rods over the years.  Now I only bring the Black Hole Challenger Bank731M rod when I fish.

It's light weight, so it makes standing at the rail in any sea condition a joy.  Flexible sensitive action at the tip signals the slightest sniff from a tog, and it's strong enough to use 12 ounces of lead if there is a ripping current.   Recently I have recommended many of my charter customers to your website after they have seen the Black Hole rod in action.  Most guys ask "why are the guides crooked", and I explain that it is a spiral rap best explained at your site.    

I am posting a few photos from my recent trips on 11/27 and 12/5.  We fish out of Forked River NJ

Thanks

JTAttached File  126tog.png   24.47KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Cooler of tog.png   232.8KB   0 downloadsAttached File  connie craig table.jpg   187.37KB   0 downloads     

Edited by JamesGang, 08 December 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for your kind words of Black Hole Challenger Bank 731 M.

After togging almost 35 years using so many different tog rods, I think I know something about tog rods. :)

I paid much attention to the light weight of the rod, sensitivity of tip section, power and bend while fighting. 

Some glass rods have nice bend, but too heavy Some graphite rods are light, but too stiff while fighting.   The Challenger Bank rods bend like glass rods, but as light as graphite rods.

Here is a picture I lifted 12 lb cod  and catch of 30 lb cod ith 8 prototype' Black Hole Challenger Bank M on a cod trip two days ago.

IMG_08951_zpsrp9vqajr.png

downloadfile-7_zpsfyslx00g.jpg

#3 Datduderoc

Datduderoc
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

Hey kil what is the THAT prototype blank is that one you used for cod fishing???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users