• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DAVID

DAVID
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Hi all , 

I mostly use the rear weighted flat hammered diamond jig for any fish I target, for my personal opinion this is the better jig ever invented 

I just want to know what color do you prefer for bottom fishing and tuna fishing : silver or gold ???

Thanks in advance ,

DAVID

#2 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

I use traditional silver diamond jig first. I really don't think color of the jig make difference.

But when I fished halibut in Alaska yesterday, we had more hookups on gold flat hammered diamond jigs than other jigs yesterday,

I

#3 DAVID

DAVID
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

Thanks a lot for the response Mr. Kil

Do you think there is more hook ups using treble attached to swivel or simply eliminate the swivel and add a split ring between the jig and the treble ?

Kil , when you will have rear weighted flat hammered available in stock again ?

DAVID

#4 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

I experimented both.  but the results are not conclusive. 

Attaching a swivel between jig and hook definitely gives more action to the hook ( I am a believer hook action is as important as jig action to trigger bites).

but it tend to give more tangle with line.  When target big tuna, I prefer to use a swivel.  I had 170 lb and 250 lb yellowfin tuna with a swivel between jig and hook on a long range boat out of San Diego in 2015.

We have some rear waited flat hammered diamond jigs in stock, but not many. :)

#5 DAVID

DAVID
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

Thanks kil ,

You are right because sometimes y eliminate the swivel and get more bites than with swivels

Yesterday get more hits from amberjacks and grouper than other days using a single jigging master monter hook in the rear weighted flat hammered diamond jig - gold color ...

Please get more flat hammered diamond jig , I only use rear weighted flat hammered diamond jig ever !!!

Best ,

DAVID
PANAMA CITY , CENTRAL AMERICA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users