GT/dogtooth/Yellowfin Trips to Asia in April and May in 2015

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kilsong

Kilsong
  • Administrators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:08 AM

Until last week, I didn't have any major trips in April and May except a few days Bermuda trip and three days Dry Tortugas trip in May. But suddenly two big trips came up  and I decided to go.

The first trip in April is a secret destination. All know is it is somewhere in Southeast. 

As the organizer wants to keep it secret, I don't post any clue of the destination on my fishing report. :)

I was told the area is infested with big GT and dogtooth tuna. ( fisherman has a right to exaggerate. :))

My goal of this trip is to catch one GT over 50kg and one dogtooth tuna over 70kg. (100kg dogtooth tuna is even better. :))

The second trip in May is to fish yft, dogtooth tuna or bigeye in a remote island 300km off Okinawa.

I usually do lots of research when I go to new destinations. But Like the first trip, I have little info of the trip too. 

I'll use these trip to test new Black Hole Cape Cod Special slow pitch jigging rods and BH Pioneer slow pitch jigging rods.  Slow pitch jigging rods are for inshore using 20 - 40 lb lines. But I like to test those rods to the limit with heavier line and heavier drag on these trips. However, I have confidence as BH Pioneer slow pitch rod withstood 32kg (70 lb) pressure on a machine test and they say the high-end BH Cape Cod Special slow pitch jigging rods are lighter and stronger than BH Pioneer rods.

I can't wait to test those rods for big fish. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users