Shimano Stella 6000fa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 speedmaster2

speedmaster2
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hi this is my first post on the forum and I'm looking for some help. I was asked by a good friend to service his 3 stella reels but he informed me that the anti-reverse on his 6000fa was slipping. I took apart the reel which I have done before with no problem and looked to see what the problem was with the anti-reverse. Anyway after finishing off cleaning and lubing the rest of the reel I put the anti-reverse back together and to make sure I looked on a post on another forum http://360tuna.com/i...-stella-8000fa/ just to double check. However no matter how many attempts to see what's causing the anti-reverse to fail I can't seem to get it to work. At one point it worked but only when winding forward and not backward. Does anyone on here know what may be causing the problem? The reel is 8 years old and not used much but my friend did tell me he caught a 300lb lemon shark when using the reel as well a few black tips in Florida. Could the lemon shark have "worn" the anti-reverse? I did have a look at the springs and rods but could see no marks on them. Hopefully someone on here can help, thanks.

#2 dkiser

dkiser
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

Go to this site www.alanhawk.com  This guy knows more than the shimano people about stella's.  good luck

#3 Victor

Victor
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

Did you install the anti reverse dry? if so, you need to oil the anti reverse to work properly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shimano, Stella, 6000fa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users